Become a Member
Members are asked to agree that they support DSCIL aims.
- To work with and encourage disabled people to take control over their lives and achieve full participation in society – at home, at work and in the community.
- To strengthen the participation and voice of disabled people within the planning, delivery and monitoring of resources and services to support independent living.
- To work in partnership with the public, private, voluntary, community and faith sectors in the best interests of disabled people.
- To deliver responsive, high quality and professional services and projects that meet needs identified by disabled people to support independent living.
DSCIL Members will promote:
- A social approach to disability – please contact us here for full details
- An influential voice for disabled people.
Basic Terms of Membership
- Membership is free and is open to individuals or organisations
- Membership entitles you to receive our newsletter and regular information bulletins. Full members are entitled to vote at our Annual General Meeting. Associate members are not able to vote at the AGM
- The Directors must keep a register of names and addresses of members.
- Members must not present themselves as spokespersons for SCIL under any circumstances, without prior permission.
- Membership does not give members the right to use SCIL’s name to promote their work or personal objectives by implying in any way that DSCIL approves or supports their projects or initiatives.
- By applying for membership, you agree to membership conditions. Breaking any of these conditions may lead to DSCIL’s Board reviewing, and possibly terminating, your membership.
- The Board is entitled at its discretion to accept or refuse any application to membership.
Full rules for DSCIL (Memorandum and Articles of Association), including membership information, can be requested by contacting us by clicking here